Whole pan fried Bream
- 3 fresh bream, scaled & cleaned
- preheat your frying pan with a coating of oil.
- pat dry the fish with paper towel.
- place the fish in the pan & cook on a medium heat for 5 mins each side.
- allow to rest in the pan for about 3-5 mins before serving.
- dried noodles enough for 2 people
- half an onion sliced
- half a carrot sliced
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- quarter of a cabbage sliced
- 1 glove of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- half a teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
- half a teaspoon of each chilli flakes, ground cumin, all purpose seasoning & garlic powder
- in a saucepan cook noodles according to packet directions.
- meanwhile in a frypan preheat the tablespoon of oil.
- add the onion, fresh garlic & carrot to the pan & fry off for 3 minutes.
- add in the dry spices & cook for a minute until aroumatic.
- add in the mushrooms & cabbage & cook for a further 3 minutes.
- finally add the sesame oil, sauces & noodles & stir through until combined & heated through.
- serve with the pan fried bream.
These noodles would be good served alongside any pan fried meat either marinated or plain. It worked really well with the fish. You could also add small strips of meat or seafood & make it an entire meal. Also you could add any other veggies you had, snow peas & capsicum would be nice.