Bacon wrapped mushrooms
- button mushrooms
- bacon strips ( I used the end pieces of some middle bacon)
- cut the bacon into lengths that will go around the mushrooms with some overlap
- wrap a strip of bacon around each mushroom & place on a skewer, I cut some toothpicks in half to help secure the ends of the bacon into the mushrooms
- fill up your skewer with as many mushrooms as you would like, I did 3 per person
- we cooked these on a hot plate over the fire, you could easily do them on the BBQ at home
- preheat the hot plate until hot, place the skewers on bacon side down
- turn skewers often so the bacon gets crispy & the mushroom cooks through
- we served ours with a piece of sirloin steak & also some grilled asparagus
- start the mushrooms first & give them about 3-4 minutes, then add the steak & asparagus & cook for a further 6-8 minutes depending on how you like your steak. Only turn your steak once, but keep turning the mushrooms & asparagus during the cooking time.
These were pretty tasty & perfect with the steak. Getting a bite of the steak, bacon & mushroom all at once was yummy. Something different & a fairly healthy meal overall. Give it a go next time you go camping or have a BBQ.