|Nachos on the fire grate warming up|
|The cheese just starting to melt|
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 400g grams of beef mince
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 packet of nacho seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 packet of corn chips (we like flavoured ones)
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 jar of salsa (we like the hot one)
- 1 tub of sour cream (we always use low fat)
- 1 foil tray (we used disposable for easy clean up)
- Fry off the onion and mince in a little oil until browned.
- Add in the nacho seasoning and fry off until aromatic (this really increases the flavour by frying off the spices)
- Add in the water and let cook down for about 5 minutes until thick and water has evaporated off.
- Places the corn chips in the bottom of the foil tray.
- Scatter the cooked mince over the top and then top with grated cheese.
- Place foil tray on the fire grate over hot coals, do not place over a hot flame or it will burn.
- Keep an eye on the nachos, you want them to warm up and melt the cheese but not burn.
- Once the cheese is melted remove from the fire, top with the salsa and sour cream.
- Enjoy! We ate ours directly from the tray, while enjoying a couple of cold beers. It is always great to have less washing up when camping!!
|Ready to eat, YUM!|
Posted by Jess