- 2 cups of mashed potato
- 2,185gram tins of tuna
- 1/4 of a red onion finely diced (spring onion would be great as well)
- 3/4 of a cup of frozen peas & corn
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups of multigrain breadcrumbs (normal are fine as well)
- 2 tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- canola oil for frying
- sweet chilli sauce to serve
- in a bowl combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese & some salt & pepper & set aside
- in another bowl combine the potato, drained tuna, peas & corn, onion, eggs & some salt & pepper
- mix until thoroughly combined
- wet your hands & shape mixture into patties
- once all patties are made, place them in the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture & coat them all over.
- heat your pan over a medium heat & add enough oil to coat the bottom on the pan.
- fry your patties in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan.
- Turn them about. 4 times making sure they don't burn.
- You want to get them crunchy on the outside & warm in the middle.
- remove from pan & drain on paper towel.
- serve with your favourite dipping sauce. We did sweet chilli sauce but mayo would be good as well.
These can be served as they are or made into a complete meal with some more veggies or salad. You could also make them smaller sized & put them in a wrap with some salad. Yum.